I love Chandler. I eat, sleep and breathe Chandler. It's where I was born and raised. It's where my children were raised. It's where my grandchildren are being raised. The lives of those I love began here. The lives of those I loved have ended here. Chandler is in my blood!
So now you know how I feel about Chandler and why I love it here. But, you may ask, what's in it for me? Let me give you 5 reasons why I think you should live here.
1. The weather. We eat our Thanksgiving dinner on the patio most years. Really. The family Christmas photo is often taken by the pool. We've got the Phoenix Open in the winter. I can go to an outdoor car show or festival in February and wear short sleeves. Yes, we have a couple of very warm months in the summer. The other 10 months make up for it a thousand times over.
2. The location. My family and I have a tradition of spending a week or two in San Diego every July. It's a 6 hour drive! And those that know me know how much I love to go to Rocky Point, Mexico. In 4 hours I can have my toes in the sand at my Villa down there. Think you might miss the snow or skiing in the winter? Flagstaff is only 2 1/2 hours from here. Feeling lucky? You can be in Las Vegas in just over 5 hours. With Sky Harbor International Airport less than 30 minutes away, there is no limit to easy destinations.
3. Things to do. Year-round I might add. Phoenix is home to a national football league team, the Arizona Cardinals, a national basketball league team, the Phoenix Suns and the WNBA's Mercury, a major league baseball team, the Arizona Diamondbacks, our national hockey league team, the Coyotes, and is the home of Phoenix International Raceway which hosts two NASCAR races each year. There are a million other things to do as well. Major concerts, plays, arts, cultural festivals, and much more.
4. Convenience. You don't have to go far to find a grocery store, gas station, shopping mall, movie theater, or golf course. The Chandler Unified School District is phenomenal and your children's schools can be close and convenient. There are tons of parks and recreational amenities in our area. And although this really isn't a convenience, I have to mention our sunsets. Arizona sunsets are among the most beautiful in the world.
5. Food. Are you, a foodie? You will be in food heaven. Chandler has a ton of restaurants that can compete with the best. And there are all types of restaurants so whether you prefer high end, casual, trendy, rustic, or any other time of eatery, you will find it here. And the best part? Many of our restaurants have patio dining which can be enjoyed most of the year.
If you're thinking about making a change in where you live and want to live in one of the greatest cities in the world, at least in my opinion, think seriously about Chandler. We don't shovel snow. We don't live with high humidity. We don't have a high occurance of tornados, hurricanes or earthquakes. We do have a beautiful city with friendly people, great roads, great schools, great transportation, and great scenery. Give me a call and I'll be happy to tell you more.
By Bill Ryan, The Ryan-Whyte Team, RE/MAX Infinity 480-726-7000. Learn more about Chandler on our website by clicking here.
a href="https://plus.google.com/u/0/105695582333199821565/?rel=author“>Bill Ryan
The Ryan-Whyte Real Estate Team
Infinity & Associates